GlobeZenit's KLIP SAAS platform is continuously being developed and improved. All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
We will especially focus on the user-facing changes here.
[0.3.83] - 2023-09-24
- since a month KLIP is presenting us with map-requests for an organization with incorrect una-zones (the map-request intersects a una-zone which is not managed/owned by the organization to which it is presented). This is very confusing at first, but we can safely ignore these map-requests. We mark them as "not-involved-confirmed" (without replying to KLIP, because we can't --we have no rights to reply to the linked una-zone, obviously).
[0.3.80] - 2022-11-30
- make sure users always get the default locale and remember the set locale in the session. This should fix "spurious" locale-changes, and should prepare us for actually allowing users to switch locale later (or remember their preferred locale)
[0.3.79] - 2022-11-29
- IMKL: fix a small setting for "Manhole": we assumed the vertical-position was mandatory but it isn't (anymore?)
[0.3.78] - 2022-11-04
- correctly handle API responses from KLIP API containing what they
consider an empty body. They send us
"""(empty string?) which is nor valid json nor empty. This error was introduced when they updated their internal IMKL handling and they expressed seeing no need to fix this.
[0.3.77] - 2022-09-14
- use the new geo.api.vlaanderen urls for WMS backgrounds
- fixed the signature for Total KLIM mails
[0.3.76] - 2022-05-11
- in the
Admin-Organisation->Mapwhen searching we now also look for features by name (before we only did a geo-location search on an address)
[0.3.75] - 2022-01-28
- the OSM Black/White layer we were using, was open source and maintained by wikimedia, and is now no longer available/supported. Use ESRI gray layers instead
[0.3.74] - 2022-01-18
- permissions: make sure organisation details are hidden for users without the correct permissions. Before the links were visible, and users got an unexplained error when clicking. Better to hide the links.
[0.3.73] - 2022-01-04
- in the organisation's map (inspecting the batch), when making the networks visible, and selecting only a network: make sure it works correctly
[0.3.72] - 2022-01-04
- cosmetic changes to the KLIM notification mails for one of our clients
[0.3.71] - 2021-12-29
- small changes when importing/validating batches of data
- added missing translation
[0.3.69] - 2021-09-20
- on the home-page for admins we show more relevant info for data-only organizations.
[0.3.68] - 2021-08-11
- make sure that when we keep receiving the same KLIM map-request over and over again, we can safely assume something has gone wrong with the confirmation and re-confirm automatically.
[0.3.67] - 2021-08-09
- switched to using KLIP API v2 fully. We had been holding this off because we assumed we would lose information. Before/originally the map-requestor and delivery contact were separate, now only one contact (the requestor/initiator) is shared (to comply to GDPR regulation: share as little as required). In practice however this information was no longer sent to us anyway.
[0.3.66] - 2021-06-22
- in the admin UI admins can manage all the "areas". Areas can be used to 1) determine if a PR is involved, or 2) to notify specific users (each area can have multiple emails). When showing/investigating multiple areas in the map, it could be unclear which one was looking at, so we added a more visible highlight when zooming to an area.
[0.3.65] - 2021-06-22
We had a problem generating standalone PDF's for uploading to KLIM Drive. Fixed it and switched to using puppeteer in the process.
[0.3.63] - 2021-03-31
- show customised error pages even if not logged in (doh!)
- do not automatically remove authorisation in background jobs on authorisation error
[0.3.62] - 2021-03-19
- make the ordering on the audit-log explicit. It seemed to be OK, but we also seemed to be missing records, which is doh logical without an explicit order.
[0.3.61] - 2021-03-09
- a first attempt to make the audit-logs index page render much quicker
[0.3.60] - 2021-03-09
- customised 400/422/500 error pages
[0.3.59] - 2021-03-08
Made the handling of PR's a little more robust by better handling the exceptional specific case where KLIM does not respond in a timely fashion and KLIP assumes all KLIM KLB's are involved.
[0.3.58] - 2021-02-13
Internal: Improved some "house-keeping" tasks.
[0.3.57] - 2021-02-12
To speed up the inspection of the audit-log, we add the infrastructure to archive old audit-logs.
[0.3.56] - 2021-02-11
We switched to using the KLIM REST API in production and had to make the internal flow/handling a little more robust.
[0.3.55] - 2021-01-27
- GlobeZenit admins can now deactivate organizations
[0.3.54] - 2021-01-25
- This changelog. We added a bit of history (incomplete). The main goal is keeping users informed of any new changes and progress we make in supporting and developing our platform.
- organization administrators can add favorites (features or views) to allow easier inspection of their data. For now a favorite is strictly personal. We intend to expand this to allow organization-wide favorites
- when a reply to a
ExtraPlan.. the plan request should be considered as not involved (because an IMKL with only an ExtraPlan is not valid). Changed the code to automatically generate an involvement (on request) to take this into account.
[0.3.53] - 2021-01-19
- INTERNAL: allow to configure and only show features an organization has actually paid for
- improve highlight of PlanRequest from the list of received PlanRequests
- fix highlight of located features
[0.3.52] - 2021-01-19
- in the organization's admin console full map, also show coordinates (WGS84/Lambert/ETRS89), and allow to jump to a coordinate
[0.3.51] - 2021-01-19
- cosmetic: improve representation of list of found locations
[0.3.50] - 2021-01-18
In the organization's admin console full map, we can now also search on locations. This is especially usefull if the organization's data is scattered over a large area (e.g. cover Flanders)
[0.3.49] - 2021-01-15
- better highlight features when clicking on located features
- add a sidebar pane allowing to switch batches. This way we can more easily compare current and ancient/future batches. We switch the batch, and instantly the data on the map is updated (without zooming/panning), so an administrator can compare the data in a specific place.
[0.3.48] - 2021-01-13
- improve detail/information in the sidebar for located features
[0.3.47] - 2021-01-11
On the organization's admin console we have a map showing the currently uploaded data in detail. We added a sidebar, that will allow us to add some more functionality later.
For now we started with: on click, in the map, we show all underlying objects with more detail.
[0.3.46] - 2021-01-06
- update to the currently latest leaflet version
[0.3.45] - 2021-01-05
In the Admin Area administrators can upload "notification-areas", which can be used for
- notifying given email addresses when a new PlanRequest inside the given buffer
- deciding if a PlanRequest is
involved. In most cases our clients have a larger "belangenzone" to be notified of any works in the area, but use a smaller area to actually reply with data
We now added an option to automatically generate a buffer around the data (so an administrator
does not have to generate a buffer outside of the system). This is very simple/restricted: one can
only give in the required radius, and will generate a buffer around all data for that organization.
But as a buffer to decide if a
PlanRequest is involved, this could be helpful.
[0.3.44] - 2021-01-05
- When generating IMKL, clipping the data, consider an network that only contains precautions as "empty" (aka exclude it from the IMKL)
[0.3.43] - 2020-12-31
- fix bug when rendering the map for an organization with precautions
- treat towers/cabinets on the map as appurtenances: hide them until we are zoomed in far enough
[0.3.42] - 2020-12-30
- Fixes in the import of data from IMKL-sets, especially concerned with recognizing and removing doubles
[0.3.41] - 2020-12-29
- improve deployment procedure
- a network can have general precautions (a document). Up until now we mainly used an
ExtraPlanfor this purpose.
[0.3.40] - 2020-12-22
- improve visualisation of towers/cabinets on the map
- improve conversion of IMKL data:
- better handle NULL values
- extracting activity-codes correctly
- code refactoring/improvement
[0.3.39] - 2020-12-17
- make error-handling when uploading batches a little more verbose/clear
- make sure we can import towers and cabinets
[0.3.38] - 2020-12-17
- small script to allow loading batches from IMKL (a new client already has IMKL and wants them on our platform)
- make loading of the audit-logs (which is sometimes very slow) a little more responsive
[0.3.37] - 2020-12-16
- small bug when a PlanRequest numbering template contains an ending white-space. Apparently this was not a problem before, but upgrading our ruby version revealed it.
[0.3.35] - 2020-12-11
Since august 2020 we have been the testing the KLIM-KLIP flow on the beta platform (preparing for our new release on production). This proved to be very hard apparently.
This is a specific case:
- when one does a PlanRequest on the Flemish KLIP-platform, KLIM is notified
- KLIM then decides which KLIM members are involved and notifies them
- then KLIM notifies KLIP which KLIM members are involved
- then KLIP notifies them they have a new PlanRequest (but unconfirmed and they are not allowed to confirm it)
- the KLIM member first has to confirm to KLIM they received the PlanRequest (this is a legal must)
- THEN ... and this was the "hard" part: KLIM notifies KLIP that the PlanRequest has been confirmed.
- and then the KLIM member can handle the KLIP PlanRequest using the API
The KLIM support people had a hard time figuring out why/when/how it sometimes did or did not work. Finally we have a robust flow of the KLIM-KLIP communication on the beta platform, using the KLIM API (in production we are still using email: it is nowhere near so brittle).
[0.3.23] - 2020-08-23
Add filter to easily filter on the "in-progress" plan requests.
[0.3.4] - 2018-09-27
- KLIC API support:
- support the KLIC IMKL datamodel: we can generate KLIC IMKL packets
- add support to manage the data stored at KLIC (central approach)
- add support for the decentral approach (more KLIP-like)
- option to use the REST KLIM API (instead of processing emails).
- restyled the UI
[0.2.0] - 2017-08-17
Upgraded to support IMKL2.3
[0.1.101] - 2016-03-03
Automatically verify up-time and generate up-time reports.
[0.1.94] - 2016-02-16
Added measure-control to map, so we can verify distances on the map visually. This is primarily for debugging purposes (since our platform is mainly ment to be working autonomously, without user interaction).
[0.1.82] - 2016-02-02
The application is now live for a month. We are still continuously tweaking and improving the application.
Now we added a simple dashboard for each organization, so one could follow at a glance if plan-requests are coming in.
[0.1.56] - 2015-12-28
Implemented the API so our customers can pull the plan-requests into their own geographical information system. This is in use from that moment on at our client RAPL, who are using our GRIMPL GIS.
[0.1.49] - 2015-12-11
We implemented the "beta" banner. From this moment on we have and keep two systems running: the staging (beta) environment and the production environment.
[0.1.40] - 2015-12-11
Our first implementation to automatically handle the flow for KLIM members.
While KLIP itself was in beta for more than a year, the integration with KLIM for KLIM members was only actually completed in the last month before the go-live.
[0.1.0] - 2015-10-26
After months of preparatory development, we released our 0.1.0 version. At this moment KLIP itself is not even in production, we are mainly testing agains KLIP's beta platform and preparing the data for our first customers.